Introductory DSLR Photography Class in Baton Rouge
Basic Photo Class : WINTER 2018 : January 24th - February 7th, 2018
Passionate & fun wedding/portrait photographer Aaron Hogan of Eye Wander Photo in Baton Rouge is teaching an intense basic photo course for those seeking to dramatically improve their photography skills.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
• Camera functions & exposure control (aperture, shutter speed, ISO, focus, white balance)
• Proper on-camera flash and available lighting techniques using sun, shade and a reflector • Use of directional lighting to flatter your subject • When to use which lens: Learn composition rules for portraits and landscapes
• Develop an artistic eye which opens up the photographic possibilities around you
• Post production; shoot and edit in RAW format using professional software
Here are the common issues we’ll cover in this class:
• How to use autofocus • How to blur the background of the photo • How to show motion yet prevent entire shot from being blurry • Low light photography without flash (ex. indoor gym lighting or night scene) • Sand/Snow shots • Backlit scenes (against window or shooting into sun) • Workflow of loading pictures onto computer, backing up originals, loading into editing program, exporting RAW to jpeg, sending to print • How to take great pictures of people, landscapes and even closeups (with a macro lens) • Taking pictures that need little to no editing • How to create great black and white photos • How to turn simple photos into art • Learn constructive, positive criticism through weekly critiques of your homework assignments.
The class will be 4 parts. There will be 3 regular Wednesday classes and one Rural Life Museum field trip on a Sunday.
Class Schedule - Winter 2018 :
January 24, 2018 (Wednesday) - 5:30-8:30 pm at the Eye Wander Photo Studio : 244 Linda, Ave. Baton Rouge, LA 70806
January 31, 2018 (Wednesday) - 5:30-8:30 pm at the Eye Wander Photo Studio : 244 Linda, Ave. Baton Rouge, LA 70806
February 4, 2018 (Sunday) - 9:00-11:30 am Photo Field Trip to Rural Life Museum ($10 admission fee required)
February 7, 2018 (Wednesday) - 5:30-8:30 pm (LAST IN STUDIO CLASS) at the Eye Wander Photo Studio : 244 Linda, Ave. Baton Rouge, LA 70806
Eye Wander Photo Studio : 244 Linda, Ave. Baton Rouge, LA 70806
WHAT TO BRING:
• Digital SLR camera or semi-professional Mirrorless camera with at least one interchangeable zoom lens covering the 18-55mm or 24-70mm range (required) POINT-and-SHOOT cameras are not allowed (must have ability to change lenses)
• Laptop (Mac or PC required)
• Extra battery for your camera (optional)
• 35mm f/1.8 or 35mm f/2.0 or 50mm f/1.8 or 50mm f/1.4 lens (ideal but optional – fantastic inexpensive investment)
The regular price for registration is $400/student with a friend/family member at $350.
If you miss a class or the field trip, you will not be refunded any part of your fee. Each participant must fill out a registration form completely. Upon receipt of a completed form, we will collect payment from each person through check, credit card or cash. The credit card payment link will follow after you submit the registration form.
Enter the amount for the class and proceed to payment link which will load as soon as you submit the form.
HOW TO REGISTER and PAY:
Please click this REGISTRATION LINK HERE to sign up for the WINTER 2018 Basic Photo Class.
After registration, the credit card payment page loads. Be sure to tell your friends about the photo class!
If you pay by check, make check payable to Eye Wander Photo and mailed to: 7341 Jefferson Hwy Suite M, Baton Rouge, LA 70806. You can pay via credit card here. The 2nd person you bring can pay theirs via the link above also.
All payments are non-refundable and if you cannot make a portion of the class or miss multiple days, no refund will be provided for the missed class(es). Ensure you can make the majority of the classes and field trip before you sign up please.
Feel free to contact Eye Wander Photo with any questions, concerns or advice that you might need.
Share this class info with anyone you might know interested in taking this class!